Tuesday, August 30, 2016

35. The age that feels like real adulthood, no excuses, and people start saying things about women's reproductive parts. Screw you people.

I'd like to point out that the title for this post is my longest yet and it might be my favorite.

This post is actually a note about strollers and the life one lives when the stroller reigns. But before we jump in, I would like to give a nod toward the title I mentioned and say that people should mind their damn business when a woman turns 35 and doesn't have kids. In general people should mind their business, but there is such a THING about women and turning 35 and people being like, "OOOOOH her eggs are all automatically shriveled up" and "Now [one day later than yesterday, when she was 34] it'll be SO HARD for her to get pregnant and when she does the kid will probably be developmentally delayed, like, for sure" and "She's 35? I wonder if she wants kids. She should really think about that" and BLAH BLAH.

Full disclosure - I have totally had these thoughts. More disclosure - I recognized those thoughts, blew them up, and asked forgiveness from the females of the universe for making all the judgements. (They forgave me. Thank you, females.)

I've read so much about pregnancy and asked my OB and other medical pro's so many questions, especially the absurd ones. PEOPLE - let's just shut up about other peoples' medical business, agreed? Let's send blessings instead of judgements. Wish happiness instead of guilt.

The lady parts are powerful. Let's respect them.

Now I don't want to talk about the stroller thing.

#imwithallthehers #andalltheutes

No comments:

Post a Comment