Wednesday, December 14, 2016

44. The Waiting Room

Wesley - have I mentioned Wesley yet? We call him Wes, and other things. He was Inside Baby just six weeks ago. Now he's outside, BABY! I like him a lot more on this side, out of reach of my bladder and ribs.

So, Wes and I were in the waiting room of my OB for my six-week check-up. It was a busy day and there were probably 8ish other people waiting, waiting, waiting, including a couple people with anxious toddlers. It was silent in there and you could cut the MY-APPOINTMENT-WAS-SUPPOSED-TO-BE-20-MINUTES-AGO tension with a knife, or speculum, or pap swab.

Wes is chilling in the stroller and then, "Pfffffft!" A fart. A really good one. There was a small chuckle from one of the ladies and I said, "Excuse you, Wesley!" And then the little girl toddler (complete with high pigtails and ribbons - I DIE) says with a sly grin on her face, "Baaaaabyyyyy." I died again and everyone laughed. It was possibly my proudest moment of Wesley so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment